Is it Time to Change Your Office Locks?
There is a cost to changing your door locks. Not a big cost, but in these challenging times money is money. So, of all things, why would you consider changing your business door locks? Let’s discuss.
A dilemma that most every business faces is keeping an office secure at all times. Whether you have just one simple door, or many entry points, it can be a big challenge to keep up with keys, who has them and who should not. Let’s consider whether it is time to change all the office door locks for security purposes. Here are four thoughts on how to determine this:
1. What Locks Do You Current Use – If you have traditional office door locks with a regular key that can be copied, you will want to change the locks more frequently than if you have keys that are simply stamped “do not duplicate.” Digital office door locks are the best type, as you can simply change the code when someone leaves your employment or forgets their code.
2. Employee Turnover – The higher the turnover, the more often you will want to change your office door locks. A very simple rule. If your turnover has been more than 50% over the past two years then you should make a change. If something does happen and you haven’t changed them in a long time, it will be very difficult to figure out which former employee could be at fault.
3. Unhappy/Disgruntled Employees – If you have a situation where an employee is departing on bad terms, immediately change the office door locks. This would also be the case if you need to lay off or fire one or more employees because no matter how well they take the news. If they have financial obstacles down the road, they may blame you and seek to cause their former employer, your business, harm.
4. How old are these locks anyways? Sure locks can last a long long time. But there are many modern and technologically connected locking systems and access control products that could be warranted in your business. We have a complete catalogue of options that we can discuss with you if you like.
UpGrade Security Solutions offers a wide array of solutions from the highest reviewed brands including Securitech. These solutions include:
- High-security locks and door hardware
- Multi point locking systems
- High-security exit devices
- Ligature resistant locks
- Over-the-door alarms
- Seclusion room & sally port locking hardware
Looking for durable, customizable, easy to install lock security solutions? Contact us to hear more about the door locking solutions by Securitech.
Renowned for their innovative door locking products and solutions, Mr. Locks supply, install and repair all products for New York City’s very own “Go-To” high-security door hardware manufacturer – Securitech.
Your choice of door locking all depends, on the nature of your business. An office with very little physical equipment to protect may lengthen the time between changing the office door locks. Keep in mind, however, that you are also responsible for safeguarding your employees, so when in doubt, give us a call at Upgrade Security Solutions (718-551-1901) to change your office door locks.